Senior Engineering Manager - MCC
Eaton is seeking an Senior Engineering Manager - MCC to lead the Low Voltage Motor Control Center (LVMCC) Engineered to Order (ETO) team, including Customer Order Engineering (COE), Customer Order Design (COD), Customer Service, Scheduling and Maintenance of Line. This collaborative role interfaces with all plant functions, Product Line Management, North American Sales, Project Management Organizations and Customers.
This onsite role is located at our Fayetteville, NC manufacturing site. Fayetteville is conveniently located an hour from Raleign, NC and two hours from the North Carolina coastline. Relocation assistance will be provided.
In this role you will:
• Oversee and manage the electrical and mechanical definition and design of LVMCC products to meet customer and manufacturing schedules
• Drive the business process balancing engineering and manufacturing loading based on the projected availability of materials and labor to drive key performance indicators associated with Quality, On time delivery, Productivity, Inventory, and Cost
• Daily interaction and support of the Manufacturing Operations team, participating in production reviews and challenges. In addition, providing support in complex troubleshooting of Electrical Test issues and relay programming.
• Manage and oversee the Master Scheduling processes associated with product as well as drawing schedules to satisfy customer requirements.
• Establish and maintain acceptable customer service standards with respect to negotiated lead times, product lead times, milestone schedules and warranty claims.
• Develop & Maintain knowledge and expertise with the LVMCC product, engineering processes and tools, competitor capabilities and practices, market conditions, and market channels to support engineering, marketing and sales strategies for the company. This includes having extensive knowledge of the electrical components used within the LVMCC and a detailed understanding of control schematics.
• Oversee customer visits and inspections at the facility to support manufacturing, product marketing and sales functions
• Ensure alignment with Operational Leadership team and with Operations Plans and Strategies.
• Oversee the electronic product structure database within the plant. This includes managing manufacturing information, routing, and preparation for manufacturing; analyze and implement projects for product quality improvements
• Ensure the training and development plan for all Font-End functions is timely and aligned with strategic plans
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution is required. Master’s degree in engineering or business administration is preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of combined experience with Electrical Distribution and Control products in engineering, sales, or project management capacities, with at least 5 years of relevant application engineering experience
• Prior Manager of people
• Demonstrated experience interacting with direct customers and sales/project management functions
• Authorized to work in the US without Company Sponsorship
• Ability to influence across functions and demonstrate professional presence. Exhibit managerial courage in defending a position and handling conflict
• Working knowledge of manufacturing practices and performance measurement followed by Operations personnel
• Effectively drives and manages change, challenges the status quo and champions new and innovative ideas
• Extensive knowledge and technical expertise in ETO processes and engineering methods, products, and market segments
• Extensive knowledge of ANSI, IEEE, and NEMA Standards
The expected annual salary range for this role is $131249.97 - $192499.96 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.