Internship: Firmware Engineering - Menomonee Falls, WI
What you’ll do:
Eaton Corporation’s Industrial Controls Division (ICD) has an opening for an Engineering Intern located in Menomonee Falls, WI. This position will reside in the divisional headquarters building, which houses engineering for multiple product lines as well as marketing, sales, finance, and R&D. The facility was built in 2012 and boasts an open office layout surrounded by large windows, as well as 50,000+ square feet of onsite state-of-the-art laboratory space, an onsite fitness center, basketball court, Ping-Pong, employee lounge, and grill & patio. With eight Eaton facilities and more than 1600 employees located in Southeastern Wisconsin, Eaton’s local footprint enables our employees with state of the art laboratories and access to manufacturing, all while providing ample opportunities for development and career growth within region.
Students will start their full-time internship with Eaton in the Spring/Summer of the calendar year through the start of following school year. There is the possibility to continue learning with Eaton for the fall semester part-time based on summer performance. If the performance stays strong the intern would be invited back to a new SE Eaton location for the following summer, and so on until graduation. With 3 locations in Waukesha, 1 location in South Milwaukee, Franksville, Pewaukee, and Menomonee Falls, this internship is designed to give the student a firm grasp of the electrical sector and a holistic view of our technology-driven solutions that serve our wide range of customers. Because this internship could be rotational in nature, the candidate will be placed into the assignment that best matches their skillset. Different opportunities include but are not limited to: Electronics (mixed signal, power electronics), Embedded FW, UX and SW design (PC, mobile, web), IoT, Modeling and Simulation, DevOps, VAVE, Product Line Support, Quality and Test Automation. The students would have access to state of the art laboratories and on-site mentoring.
- Develop a sub-system verification tests which includes defining test methods and procedures and designing and developing custom fixtures.
- Support test automation and Dev Ops projects
- Support development and testing of Mobile and IoT projects
- Assist with performing mechanical, electrical, performance, functional, exploratory and environmental testing.
- Collaborate with global design and manufacturing teams.
- Develop, improve and sustain product design and product definition.
- Learn and perform engineering analysis and digital simulation leveraging advanced tools (CAD, FEA, statistical tolerance analysis, computational analysis - Matlab, etc.).
- Learn and utilize Design for X techniques to drive design optimization. (X = Cost, Manufacturing and Assembly, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program with a major in engineering or computer science at an accredited institution
- Must be in a junior or higher standing.
- Must have a GPA of a 2.8 or higher (please do not round)
- This position does not offer relocation. The candidate must reside within 50 miles of Menomonee Falls, WI
- Must be eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis without company sponsorship
- Electrical and power electronics, Embedded Firmware, Software and Computer Science majors preferred
- Knowledge of C/C++, C#, python and or Matlab"
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively explain technical concepts to diverse audience.
- Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills".
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.