Senior Engineering Manager, Electronics
Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Senior Engineering Manager, Electronics to join our team. This position is based at the Moon Township, PA facility. Relocation assistance is offered.
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable, and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion is integral to all we do at Power Components Division (PCD), combining our deep expertise in electrical circuit breakers to deliver a wide range of circuit protection solutions that enhance electrical safety, reliability, code compliance and efficient power distribution in commercial and industrial applications.
We are currently seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to oversee and grow the Electronics Engineering function within PCD. This Individual will lead a team of managers and experienced engineers in defining product strategy, technology roadmaps, engineering operational improvement, and in creating Electronic Products for the PCD business. The ideal candidate has a broad understanding of electronics and firmware development with experience developing new products, as well testing electronics, and electronic systems. In the role, you will champion an environment that drives an integrated hardware/firmware electronics platform, innovates to attain first-to-market advantage, and establish best practices and functional excellence.
We are passionate about continuous improvement – developing talent and building organization capability. Success in this role will require strength in growing your team and people leadership, forming strong partnerships across technology and business leaders, comfort working in a dynamic technical environment, and proven ability to drive standard work and functional excellence. As a department leader, this manager will build a high-performance organization through application of sound personnel management, efficient processes, and skill development.
Essential functions include:
• We are looking for a dynamic, Engineering leader looking to:
o Create a culture of change and accountability
o Build a creative team
o Establish standards for Electrical Engineering excellence
o Advance people and processes to help scale the business
o Manage product lifecycle from new product development through end-of life
• Closely collaborate with direct managers and Product Management to develop multi-generation product roadmaps and strategy
• Define and implement engineering operations strategy that drives efficiencies during the design and manufacturing phases of a product’s life-cycle
• Manage a geographically dispersed team of electronics and firmware engineers.
• Oversee projects (new and/or sustaining) within your group; champions global technology realization programs utilizing our internal PRELaunch / PROLaunch process including Gate Reviews, Design Reviews, and Project Reviews.
• Conduct performance reviews, administer merit plan, oversee reward & recognition, and formulate goals & development plans with direct reports.
• Responsible to assure that all product developments meet appropriate national and international codes and standards.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and architect electronics and firmware solutions that meet business requirements while ensuring scalability, reliability, and security.
• Develop and execute a comprehensive electronics and firmware infrastructure strategy aligned with the division’s goals, incorporating best practices and industry standards.
• Establish robust monitoring and reporting mechanisms to proactively identify and resolve performance bottlenecks.
• Foster growth through individualized coaching, setting clear expectations and establishing accountability while providing opportunities for employee development
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronic or Computer engineering from an accredited institution
• Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience as a team member developing embedded electronics
• Minimum five (5) years of experience as leader of team developing embedded electronics
• Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
• Knowledge of engineering development operations (ideation to manufacture)
• Demonstrated experience in implementation of large-scale product development programs
• Solid experience with a phase gate process for new product development
• Strong project management background
• Technical background in electronic hardware, firmware & testing
• Experienced in multi-cultural working environments and developing communication strategies across them
• Experience working with international suppliers and/or customers
• Experience working with offshore engineering resources
• Understanding of Industrial Controls and Protection products
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Successfully proven cross-functional interpersonal and leadership skills
• Deals with concepts and complexity or ambiguity comfortably
The expected annual salary range for this role is $150000.03 - $220000.04 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program. Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.