Field Service Engineering Specialist
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division is currently seeking a Field Service Engineering Specialist based in Nashville, TN, and will service the clients within the state of TN - company vehicle provided.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $73,500 - $107,800 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of filed services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting-edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up. and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization. The Field Service Engineering Specialist will design and implement medium and high voltage power protection solutions; prepares detailed cost estimates for turnkey project implementation as well as on-site subcontractor direction and management; responsible for cost targets and schedule adherence; manage several complex projects at one time; thorough knowledge of UL, NEMA, and NEC standards; provides value-engineering capabilities to customers.
What you’ll do:
- Continuously improve personal, technical, and professional business skills enabling incumbent to service products to customer’s satisfaction through keeping current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others.
- Provide timely, detailed, and accurate reports on service work performed, product performance, and warranty liabilities to company expense and time allocation.
- Become computer efficient using laptops provided and mastering all required software.
- Maintain all service equipment including all test equipment, tools issued to meet specifications including EBE, ISO requirements, etc. in good working condition and maintain sufficient inventory to respond to standard calls.
- Provide customers basic applications information via phone or on-site consultation and be available for 24-hour x 7 days a week on call duty and respond to emergency situations with minimal notification.
- Demonstrate ability to service newly designed and experimental equipment, which has not been seen before and instill confidence in the customer.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, authorized service shops, other service organizations, and product business units to assure customer satisfaction.
- Incumbent demonstrates an awareness of customer needs, preferences, and time and financial constraints.
- Proven customer service, sales ability, and ability to handle irate or difficult customers and gain satisfaction.
- Demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution AND/OR Military experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role. This position is be based remotely. All candidates considered must reside within a 50-mile radius of the location listed. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (electrical, mechanical or engineering technology)
- 7+ years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems is desirable. Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems is highly desirable.
- Protective Relay testing (electronic) experience
- Energy Generation/Utility experience
- Power distribution field experience in servicing, maintaining, and testing electrical power distribution equipment.
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting, tests and repair techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication skills: particular skill in communicating technical information to non-technical personnel, educating customers, and presenting information to internal and external customers.
- Advanced understanding of the company's competitor's electrical, electronic and mechanical products and services.
- Knowledge of corporate and business unit policies.
- Working knowledge of all software packages relevant to successful performance of tasks.
- Working knowledge of billing and invoicing policies for service.
- Knowledge of parts, part masters, bill of materials.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Has demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Basic Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Ability to run small projects
- Intermediate Test Equipment Operation
- Advanced Troubleshooting Techniques
- Ability to run small outages and projects
- Advanced Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Protective Relays
- Basic PQ Measurements
- Advanced Protective Relays
- Substation Commissioning
- Power Systems Studies
- Power Systems Design
- Power Systems Automation
- PLC / Automation
- Excitation Systems
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.