Co-Op: Industrial Engineering - Carol Stream, IL
What you’ll do:
Eaton’s Vehicle Group, Royal Power Solutions business is currently seeking a Industrial Engineer Co-Op to join our team.
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Our team is collaborating with companies to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
Throughout the training cycle, this program provides participants with meaningful projects where individual efforts and contributions are critical. Participants will receive multiple opportunities for formal training, networking, and assignment coaching in addition to receiving ongoing formal feedback in order to evaluate personal progress and identify development opportunities.
In this role you will:
• Perform tooling changeovers to automatic assembly machines and verify function, machine capabilities, and part conformance.
• Interpret electrical schematics with strong troubleshooting skills with PLC controlled equipment
• Work with robots, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), vision inspection systems, pneumatics, and photo-electric, laser, and proximity sensors.
• Performing failure root cause analysis and problem solving within a team to identify and isolate product issues and recommend solutions
• Communicating plans, status, and results to senior engineers and leadership
• Collaborating with suppliers, internal laboratories and test facilities to ensure the successful completion of product development and validation testing
• Working in a team environment to identify process improvements, product cost reductions, and reliability improvements
• Collecting and analyze manufacturing data and implement process improvements that advance safety, product quality, and operating efficiencies
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in engineering at an accredited institution.
• Must have a combined GPA of 2.5 or higher (please do not round)
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on a continual permanent basis.
• Relocation is not provided for this role, the candidate must be located within 50 miles of Carol Stream, IL
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Experience in automotive industry
• Ability to read & interpret Mechanical Blueprints, electrical schematics, and pneumatic diagrams
• Associates degree in automation technology, automated machinery systems or similar vocational training or equivalent work experience
• At least 2 years in a Manufacturing environment
• Actively enrolled in a Bachelor of Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with coworkers and management.
• Demonstrated problem solving and failure analysis skills
• Knowledge of typical CAD software (Creo/Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.)
• Willing and able to work 2-4 years in the co-op program
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.