NPD Engineering Supervisor
Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a NPD Engineering Supervisor. This role is located at our facility in South Milwaukee, WI. Relocation and company sponsorship will be provided to candidates currently residing within the US/PR.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $105,000- $154,000 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
This role is for a technological leader who is passionate about developing new products. We are looking for a person to take ownership of the design of new products, someone who has a passion for using 3D CAD, and who will lead other engineers. Showing a willingness to take calculated risks without a fear of failure will be a driver for success in this role. In addition, you should demonstrate a strong passion and great track record for developing, leading, and mentoring engineers.
The role will be a technical lead for the design and development of new products for the Switchgear product line. In this role, creativity and innovation are focused on developing new mechanical systems that interact with electrical systems. This position works directly with a broad set of technologies including polymers, vacuum interrupters, electromagnetic actuators, linear drive mechanisms, castings, and metal fabrications. This role participates in large New Product Development projects as the lead system designer or as a subsystem core team member. In addition, this the role will lead small NPD projects and technology development projects independently. As a direct line manager of engineers, this role will be responsible for the mentorship and development of these engineers and will assist in building the organizational capability of the NPD group.
- Design execution: Leverage digital design and engineering simulation tools to design, develop and integrate components, subassemblies and final assemblies as a lead designer on large NPD projects.
- Design excellence: Achieve excellence in 3D CAD design skill for one of our key technologies and set development standards for the department in this field.
- Cross-functional influence: Work with cross-functional stakeholders to optimize Design for X.
- Implementation: Implement new products into production through the engineering change management system.
- Planning: Develop work processes and durations for completing assigned project tasks with the ability to identify critical dependencies and risks.
- Strategy: Provide technical leadership influencing product roadmaps and guiding technology roadmaps.
- Leadership: Manage team of multi-disciplined engineers with various experience levels, developing their overall capabilities.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in new product development and design
- Minimum of 1 year of experience managing engineering teams as a leader of people
- Master's degree in engineering or business from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated skills in engineering analysis and digital simulation (CAD, FEA, statistical analysis, software applications, electrical/mechanical analysis tools, etc.)
- Strong product design, DFM/DFA, and manufacturing knowledge with multiple static and dynamic technologies and processes
- Experience with phase gate project management processes
- Familiar with the electric power industry, especially medium-voltage distribution
- Creating complex models and assemblies in 3D/ 2D CAD
- Materials processing (Die cast, sheet metal, plastic molding)
- Unwavering drive for progress
- Creativity and drive for generating ideas
- Team development and strong communication
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.