Product Engineering Fall Co-Op - July-December 2021 (131098965)
We are excited to bring eager, talented students on board and provide them with an unparalleled co-op experience. The Entegris Campus Program consists of real work experience, cross-functional learning and development opportunities, and a variety of social and volunteering events.
The NPD Engineering Co-op will be an active member of a multi-person support team driving improvement of high purity specialty chemical processes for the semiconductor industry. You will be assigned a primary and secondary projects for the period in addition to several tasks that may support other areas. Specific projects will depend on the strengths of the candidate. Examples include running and analyzing experiments, supporting risk assessments (FMEA and Safety), analyzing and reporting data conclusions, implementing continuous improvement projects specifically focused on distillation and thermal gradient processes.
- The co-op will be a valued member of the team reporting to a Senior Engineer. In this role, they will be expected to deliver positive and meaningful business results. In this role, you will:
- Drive technical performance of an NPD chemistry;
- Provide weekly status updates
- Investigate process improvements using DOE and statistics
- Design/redesign existing work processes;
- Validate or correct P&ID. Process flow diagrams and BOM’s;
- Troubleshoot with senior engineers;
- Use basic project management skills
- The NPD group fits between R&D and Manufacturing; it is a team sport requiring excellent and frequent communication between team members. As such, excellent verbal and written communication is required.
- Demonstrated examples of leadership and initiative.
- Strong emphasis towards hands-on engagement.
- Desired: Classroom or practical experience with chemical simulation, statistics, CAD, industrial engineering, or distillation.
- Desired Majors: Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or similar
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program with a graduation date of December 2021 or later