Controls Engineering Fall Co-Op (131099227)
We are excited to bring eager, talented students on board and provide them with an unparalleled co-op experience. The Entegris Campus Program consists of real work experience, cross-functional learning and development opportunities, and a variety of social and volunteering events.
Reporting to the Controls Engineer, a Controls Engineer co-op will collaborate with Engineers from Manufacturing and R&D to troubleshoot equipment automation. Project difficulty will be determined by past Co-op experience and current business needs.
- Manage at least one project start to finish. Co-op will own the project start to finish including writing specification and acceptance testing.
- Assist with troubleshooting production plant-floor equipment. Proper trouble shooting techniques will be introduced as specific problems occur.
- Participate in design reviews and offer feedback on new capital equipment
- Program factory automation components such as Programmable Logic Controllers, Human Machine Interfaces, Servos, and field instrumentation.
- Introduction to programming using ladder logic using AB Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Completion of a project using an outside vendor. Write up a description of the job, receive quote, follow the progress of the work and perform Factory Acceptance Test
- Introduce engineering student to fast paced production environment with hope of future hire opportunity
- Train on use of Ignition Scada system used as equipment HMI. Make changes to existing programs and create new ones.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing equipment
- Exposure to safety standards of manufacturing equipment. Participate is monthly site safety assessments with team.
- Passion for hands on work, desire to understand how things are made and how machines work
- Analytical, problem-solving, and collaboration skills
- Good interpersonal skills and clear and effective communication skills
- Basic knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Computer/Networking skills
- Desired Major: Computer/Chemical/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program with a graduation date of December 2021 or later