Chemical Engineering Fall Co-Op (131010777)
We are excited to bring eager, talented students on board and provide them with an unparalleled co-op experience. The Entegris Campus Program consists of real work experience, cross-functional learning and development opportunities, and a variety of social and volunteering events.
The prospective co-op will help Entegris in developing novel polysulfone-type membranes for Dilute WEC application. The development involves optimizing the properties of membranes by trying new membrane formulations and membrane processing conditions followed by characterization of the developed membranes. The co-op will greatly benefit from this program by learning about the fundamentals of membrane formation, which involves major chemical engineering disciplines including transport phenomena, thermodynamics and reaction engineering. The prospective co-op will also learn how to think rationally toward solving a problem as well as how to carry out a systematic research.
- Lab scale formulation and preparation of polymer solutions for membrane casting
- Lab scale fabrication of membranes by hand-cast immersion precipitation process
- Characterization of hand-cast membranes in terms of FT, BP, retention, SEM, etc
- Pilot scale development of membranes on the immersion cast pilot line
- Characterization of the developed pilot line membrane
- Capability for rational thinking
- Passion to learn
- Desired Major: chemical engineering, chemistry
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program with a graduation date of December 2021 or later