New Product Introduction Engineering Fall Co-Op - July-December 2021 (131389632)
We are excited to bring eager, talented students on board and provide them with an unparalleled co-op experience. The Entegris Campus Program consists of real work experience, cross-functional learning and development opportunities, and a variety of social and volunteering events.
We are currently seeking a New Product Introduction Engineering Co-op to join our team. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to drive the successful pull of products from Development to Manufacturing utilizing a Stage Gate Process. You will use your skills/experience to influence product design teams to improve design for manufacturability, while ensuring the highest levels of quality. Achieving this goal will require the use of collaboration, influence, and individual skills to interface with all functions across the organization.
As part of Entegris’ Operations team, the NPI Engineer will work closely with the Production cell team to ensure Manufacturing Readiness of the new product portfolio. You will engage with the Manufacturing Engineers, Production Supervisors, and Operators to drive the successful transition of products from early development to product release.
- Serve as a core team member for assigned NPI Projects as the liaison between Product Engineering and Operations, pulling products to market.
- Work closely with Product Engineering to proactively influence product and process design for better manufacturability.
- Participate in the Development of Manufacturing Plans for assigned projects. Topics include selection of manufacturing site, raw and finished goods material planning, chemical/waste plan, ramp/capacity planning, cost roadmap, etc.
- Participate and contribute to Improvement Projects (yield, process capability, etc.) to maximize Gross Margin and Predictability. Potential lead a subproject under a larger project.
- Prepare Process Documentation to support Product Launch.
- Manage customer samples and VNQ builds. Work with Operations team to provide special instructions as required.
- Assist in directing and controlling processes in accordance with defined policies and procedures. Assists with analyses and audits on processes in order to make recommendations on such items as safety, quality, cost, waste reductions, and efficiency.
- Being a great teammate. Learn from the depth of experience your teammates provide, and desire to share your own ideas and experiences.
- Motivated and self-directed team player with good interpersonal skills. Must have ability to reach out, communicate and influence personnel at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and technical writing skills.
- Ability to orchestrate and prioritize multiple activities at once to accomplish Division goals.
- Desired Major: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar major
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program with a graduation date of December 2021 or later