Chemical Engineering Fall (130882375)
We are excited to bring eager, talented students on board and provide them with an unparalleled co-op experience. The Entegris Campus Program consists of real work experience, cross-functional learning and development opportunities, and a variety of social and volunteering events.
The Chemical engineering co-op will be part of the Core Capabilities (CC) team within the New Product Development and Engineering organization at Entegris. The CC team drives the overarching technology roadmap, through scouting of new technologies, design and implementation of prototype equipment, as well as process optimization and integration into manufacturing.
The Chemical Engineering Co-op will primarily support the design/implementation/set up of novel/prototype equipment, as well as assist in the design and execution of experimental plans for novel technology exploration. Research will be conducted under the direction of a more senior engineer.
- Conduct research under the direction of a more senior engineer(s) to identify new filter cleaning technologies and improved processes, that will meet technology roadmap targets as well as design specifications of new filter products
- Assist with new equipment commissioning, and execution of experimental plans in the lab
- Communicate progress on a frequent basis including recommendations for process improvement
- Develop critical thinking and problem solving associated with novel and/or improved process design
- Write standard operating procedures for novel/improved processes, and assist with general day-to-day equipment- and laboratory-related tasks
- Interest in working in chemical laboratory
- Focused on safety
- Detail-oriented, ability to take comprehensive notes and make observations
- Good organizational and communication skills with the ability to effectively convey information both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to work with intra and inter departmental functional areas is necessary
- Desired Major: Chemical Engineering
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program with a graduation date of December 2021 or later