Manufacturing Engineering Manager (129771971)
Entegris is looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineering Manager. This position will require building strong working relationships across the organization, developing partnerships to solve technical problems related to manufacturing cycle time, cost, quality, product yield and facility operations.
The position is located in our Advanced Material Handling manufacturing facility in Chaska, MN and reports to the Director of Operations.
- Lead the engineering team and provide technical direction for defining, maintaining and improving Entegris manufacturing processes and standardizing across manufacturing locations;
- Work with Product Engineering to transfer new products into released/volume manufacturing;
- Research and identify new manufacturing methods to be used to improve the overall cost, quality, safety and delivery of products;
- Assist with the development, planning and execution of the manufacturing strategy;
- Drive accountability for closure of Customer Complaints/Requests to meet responsiveness expectations of our customers;
- Direct and develop personnel to improve individual and organizational performance;
- Collaborate with matrix partners to enhance toolset development and utilization and execute to a high standard (e.g. FMEA, SPC; process modeling, Six Sigma);
- Provide resources, direction and expertise toward the successful development and execution of capital projects;
- Develop a vision and a multi-year road map that focuses on achieving excellence in the foundational elements of manufacturing engineering;
- Supports annual capital and operating budget process in support of Director, Operations. Successfully prioritizes, plans and presents data/supporting justification to senior management;
- Partners with the facility maintenance manager team to develop and deploy preventative and predictive maintenance programs and risk assessments;
- Manages small scale construction projects, alteration of process equipment, machinery and other production support requirements;
- Infrequent domestic or international travel required.
- BS or MS in Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering;
- 7+ years leading an engineering function within a manufacturing environment, preferably in a high technology, high-volume product line;
- Strategic thinker with a vision of where we want to be in 3-5 years coupled with experience to execute a plan;
- Lean/Black Belt certification;
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering management experience, in the semiconductor, automotive, aerospace or similar industry;
- High degree of competency in Statistical Process Control methods;
- BOM/routing proficiency within an ERP system;
- Design and development of plastics/polymer-based products;
- Mechanical design and development of equipment/systems/devices;
- Understanding of injection mold tool construction and the plastic injection molding process;
- Development and execution of qualification requirements and plans.