Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Specialty Chemicals & Materials (130100105)
Entegris is looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineering Manager. This position will require building strong working relationships across the organization and developing partnerships to solve technical problems related to manufacturing cycle time, cost, quality, product yield and facility operations.
The position is located in our Specialty Chemical & Engineered Materials manufacturing facility in Danbury, CT and reports to the Director of Operations.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary engineering group to optimize existing manufacturing processes, drive continuous improvement projects and initiatives, troubleshoot manufacturing and quality concerns, and drive standardization and automation.
- Translate the Entegris and Site vision for the manufacturing engineering group, set long and short term goals, communicate and deliver them.
- Develop interns, co-ops, and engineers through coaching, feedback, training, and opportunities to advance individual and organizational performance.
- Establish and standardize manufacturing process and controls to be used across common worldwide manufacturing sites and ensure manufacturing processes adhere to these standards.
- Collaborate daily with other site functions in the factory and across the division to meet production targets, manufacture new products, and remove obstacles for your engineers.
- Work with Product Engineering to transfer new products into released/volume manufacturing.
- Develop and execute on performance metrics focused on safety, quality, customer satisfaction, and process performance.
- Lead engineers to research and identify new manufacturing methods to be used to improve the overall cost, quality, safety, and delivery of products.
- Work with Quality to drive accountability for closure of Customer Complaints/Requests to meet responsiveness expectations of our customers.
- Collaborate with matrix partners to enhance toolset development and utilization and execute to a high standard (e.g. FMEA, SPC, Process Modeling, Six Sigma).
- Provide resources, direction, and expertise toward the successful development and execution of capital and expense projects and initiatives to alter process equipment, machinery, and other production support requirements.
- Develop a vision and a multi-year road map that focuses on achieving excellence in the foundational elements of manufacturing engineering.
- Support annual capital and operating budget process in support of Operations Director, and successfully prioritize, plan and present data/supporting justification to senior management.
- Partner with the facility maintenance team to develop and deploy preventative and predictive reliability programs and risk assessments.
- Infrequent domestic or international travel required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a Semiconductor or Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment and at least 2 years of experience leading an Engineering or Technical team preferred.
- BS or higher in Mechanical, Chemical, or other Engineering Discipline.
- Strategic thinker who can develop an organizational vision for the next 3-5 years, set goals, and drive continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to present concisely on complex topics.
- Preferred Lean/Black Belt certification, and competency in statistical process control (SPC) methods.
- BOM/routing proficiency within an ERP system.
- Computer skills to include such programs as SAP, Minitab, SolidWorks, camLine, and MS Project desired.