Software Engineering Intern ( R-00050197 )
The Office of Technology (OOT) at Leidos has immediate openings for software engineering internships to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our customers and launch new products and capabilities. During your internship, you will gain exposure to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model. You will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and GitLab to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Support creation and updating of relevant documentation for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification.
- Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a 3.0 GPA.
- Experience with Java/C++ and object-oriented programming (applicants will be tested).
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Familiarity with containers and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git.
- Familiarity with Agile Development and DevSecOps methodologies.
- Experience working collaboratively in team environments.
LeidosInternshipExternal Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:SecretTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:20Shift:DayRequisition Category:InternJob Family:Intern TechnicalPay Range: