Associate Specialist - Engineering, Elkton, VA ( MERCUSR57966ENUS)
Our Engineers support internal and external manufacturing operations remain operational, continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Engineers have opportunities across many diverse areas including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Capital Projects, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities and Validation.
At Our Company's campus in Elkton, Virginia, we have an Associate Specialist, Engineering position available on our Technical Operations Team. The manufacturing facility is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains a short distance from the University of Virginia and James Madison University.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their enthusiasm and technical skills as a member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation of pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, vaccine product manufacturing facilities.
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing technical support for vaccine, biologic, and sterile manufacturing processes in the form of data analysis, troubleshooting, problem-solving, report writing
- Supporting change control implementation
- Learning new processes and procedures
- Performing shift work as needed
- Conducting technical investigations and analyses
- Recommending and implementing corrective and preventative actions, and helping lead reduction of atypical events
- Writing, reviewing, and improving procedures for operation of equipment and processes
- Contributing to process and equipment safety reviews
If you are the kind of individual who thrives on challenge and possess the technical, leadership and business, and communication skills that are of value to our business, we invite you to apply. Consistently cited as a great place to work, we discover, develop, manufacture and market a wide range of vaccines and medicines to address unmet medical needs. Each of our employees is joined by an extraordinary sense of purpose - bringing our Company's finest achievements to people around the world.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Graduate with B.S. or M.S. degree in biology, biochemistry, biochemical engineering, biological systems engineering, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, computer science, integrated science, or mechanical engineering prior to or by June/July 2021
Required Experience and Skills:
- Excellent academic record
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, team skills, personal character, and ethics
- Strong problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving, with a bias towards going to see problems for oneself in the field.
- Ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, maintenance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve it.
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning and its applications.
- Strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
- Prior relevant work, co-op, or internship experience
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:20