2021 Supply Chain Logistics, Compliance and Engineering Co-op ( MERCUSR112668ENUS)
The Future Talent Program features Cooperative (Co-op) education that lasts up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Manufacturing can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The Logistics, Compliance and Engineering (LCE) Co-op will be a part of a cross functional team that concentrates on deviation management, change control, cold chain management, technology support, and operational efficiency projects in support of the North America Supply Chain Management organization. As part of Warehouse Operations, this individual will collaborate with Operations, Quality, Automation, and Validation to drive change in a collaborative manner.
The candidate will gain some understanding of cGMPs and cGDPs and will contribute to multiple projects and activities across the West Point facility and North America distribution network as required.
The individual must embrace and be committed to establishing an empowered team culture, with the goal of each employee reaching their fullest potential and having accountability, authority and responsibility to one another, our community and our patients. Enthusiasm for continuously learning is a requirement.
This is a full-time Co-op position based in West Point PA.
The candidate’s experience during his/her tenure with the LCE team may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supporting the Deviation Management process for writing investigations and implementing sound corrective actions and projects to reduce deviations.
- Coordination of real time efforts and output of site investigators; working to determine root cause, develop corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence, and assess the impact of identified deviations on product quality.
- Develop and utilize an understanding of cold chain shipping, product protection and distribution processes to effectively investigate and author deviations that are technically sound and meet quality expectations along with effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Support/participate in change control projects and activities on the site and regionally.
- Be an integral part of developing and improving product distribution pack-outs.
- Supporting the execution of performance qualifications of product pack-outs.
- MPS improvement to reduce cost / cycle time, eliminate waste and improve cost effectiveness of operations.
- Participate in standardization of work for all areas in the organization.
- Help team evaluate manufacturing metrics and performance indicators to proactively identify risks and continuously improve the capabilities of the organization.
- Gain experience with project cost analysis and budget value-capture items
- Communicate frequently with operation, technical, and quality representatives through the tier process or email
Required Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in one of the following areas: Supply chain/logistics, Bio engineering, Bio medical engineering, Bio technology, Chemical engineering, Industrial engineering, Mechanical engineering, Material science and engineering.
- Willingness to learn pharmaceutical supply chain and apply to projects/problem solving/improvements
- Willingness to familiarize self with cGMPs, cGDPs, and regulatory requirements.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to work full time for 6 months
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Travel Requirements:No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:Not Specified
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1