Engineering Supervisor ( R-00054608 )
Currently, we have an opening for an Engineering Supervisor with previous distribution utility design engineering experience. Leidos is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of engineers/designers to develop construction work packages for the electric & gas distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Distribution systems may be in an OH, UG, or URD environment. Work packages will be developed using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems. Work assignments may include travelling by motor vehicle to various project locations located throughout the area to conduct field investigations.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner with internal and external colleagues of all levels. If you have supervisory experience, are well-organized and able to manage multiple critical tasks under tight deadlines, have good customer service skills, and thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment, this job is for you!
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the design and construction work package development of electrical overhead and underground distribution systems (operating from 4kV through 138kV) from a design team
- Perform quality control and encourage safe work practices while maintaining compliance with project scope, schedule and budget.
- Supervise engineering calculations from the design team that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, electric demand, fault currents, and coordination of protective devices.
- Work collaboratively with client engineering, operations and other departments to ensure work products and services meet expectations and commitments.
- Develop of a BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements or calculating a customer Contribution in Aid of Construction (CIAC).
- Preform supervisor duties for a team of 5-8 reports, including:
- Oversee day to day assignments for a small team of entry level engineering designers and technicians.
- Work under supervision of engineering manager to ensure project deliverables are ready in time and on budget.
- QA/QC Review of the engineering work of the team.
- Train entry level designers and technicians.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or an Associate’s Degree with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of overhead and underground T&D construction methods
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with T&D design tools, such as PLS-CADD and O-Calc is preferred
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms
PDSDLINEExternal Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Distribution Design EngineeringPay Range: