Network Engineering Lead ( R-00054662 )
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking a Transport Networking Engineering Lead for a position as part of a team supporting the Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) onsite in Pensacola, FL.
The Network Engineer Lead is responsible for supporting tasks on the contract related to the UCSA Transport Network. Establishes Network information requirements using analysis of the Network engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale networking infrastructure (CAN, MAN, WAN). Designs architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces. Ensures these Network systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the network layers, across the application program interface (API) and the external environment/software application. Ensures that the network/transport layers of the common operating environment are compliant. Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action. Provides daily supervision and direction to staff.
- Will be the Service Owner for the UCSA Transport Network who shall create, document, and maintain a UCSA Transport Network Service Design Plan (SDP) that shall define all aspects of the service throughout all stages of its lifecycle. The SDP shall be updated anytime there is a change to the architecture, financial posture or requirements of the service.
- The Service Owner shall be the primary internal and external Subject Matter Expert for the service they are assigned to manage.
- They shall be aware at all times on the state of their service and report on that status to the Government as required.
- The Service Owner shall work with all other ITIL UCSA business managers to ensure that their service is providing value to the UCSA program and its mission partners and users.
- Be able to develop and deploy an UCSA regional presence solution that will enable the UCSA network to extend its logical boundary and provide a presence, both Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside CONUS (OCONUS), for other assets to be deployed within the UCSA network and security boundary.
- Be able to perform all required network, system and crypto related administration of the UCSA Transport Network. All UCSA Transport Network systems together within the UCSA AOR currently consist of 23 separate global sites with 23 router/firewall/switch devices and 23 encryption devices.
- Be able to assume a 15% growth rate per year for this service.
- Must be a US Citizen
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 10 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Can be waived if approved by the prime.
- Qualified IA personnel IAW DoD 8570/DoD 8140, minimum of IAT II.
- Active Secret Clearance Required with ability to obtain a Top Secret
- Experience with DISA Network Enclaves