Pulse Power Engineering Intern ( R-00055082 )
The pulse and prime power group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Electrical Engineering Intern in our Albuquerque, NM office. This is a great opportunity to support state of the art development of high voltage and pulse power technologies.
Provides engineering and scientific support to research, design, and development activities for pulse power machines, systems, and components. Performs as a member of an integrated project team (IPT) to develop solutions to complex technical problems. Uses and applies standard electrical engineering, physics, and E&M principles, theories, and techniques. Performs circuit analysis and computer simulation to make performance predictions and validate experimental results. Works under the general supervision of a Senior Scientist and is judged by quality of work and timely completion of project tasks. Interacts with the project manager and explains technical work to customers. Documents work products in technical reports, white papers, and progress/status updates.
• Responsible for conducting tests of high voltage, pulse power equipment in accordance with Test Plan documents and direction provided by Senior Scientists/Engineers.
• Analyzes and documents test data and experimental results.
• Communicates results to the project team and customers as required.
• Coordinates with electromechanical technicians to configure pulse power equipment in preparation for tests.
• Debugs and troubleshoots test configurations and/or equipment with basic mechanical skills and hands-on experience.
• Coordinates the procurement of test consumables.
Enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in electro-optics, physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, systems engineering , mathematics or related field.
Must be able to obtain and maintain Secret security clearance- US citizenship is required.
Experience operating and configuration oscilloscopes and/or digitizers for making electrical measurements and capturing waveforms.
Experience interpreting and analyzing medium-sized datasets using preferred software/code (e.g. Excel, MATLAB, Python, etc.)
Eager to learn new concepts and develop new skills and experience
Demonstrates technical proficiency with desktop computers and common networking equipment.
Inquisitive mind who enjoys problem-solving
Experience with pulse power architectures: Marx Generators, Pulse Forming Lines/Networks, Blumleins, Magnetic Compression Systems.
Experience with high voltage troubleshooting and safety: >10kV
Active Secret clearance