Engineering Tech ( R-00057339 )
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you! Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos...Practical Answers for a Complicated World
Leidos is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms. Leidos is hiring an Engineering Tech who will perform field inspections, develop project design drawings, material lists, and cost estimates for electrical power delivery ranging from 4.8kV to 14.4kV.
The successful Engineering Tech candidate will support the following activities:
- Travel to sites as needed, perform inspections and return to the office to perform engineering design work.
- Perform engineering calculations such as: structural analysis for wood pole loading, guying calculations, specifying conductor sags and tensions for recommended spans, and calculation of voltage drop and flicker.
- Coordinate with permit agencies, right-of-way specialists, system owners, field leaders, forestry leaders, and 3rd party owners for joint-owned poles.
- Provide engineering support during construction, including post-construction reviews to ensure all applicable engineering and construction standards have been met.
- Conduct root cause analysis of outages and mitigation using engineering principles and design.
Engineering Tech Basic Qualifications:
- Requires BS Degree in Engineering Technology, Geography, Environmental Science, Cartography, and less than 2 years of relevant experience. OR AA Degree in GIS with 2+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of NESC Standards and Client Standards preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Willingness to perform both field and office work.
- Overnight travel may be required (10-20% travel)
- Ability to work in outdoor environments
- Ability to utilize personal vehicle
PDSDLINEExternal Referral Bonus:IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 50% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Engineering TechnologistPay Range: