Chief Global Engineering and Technology Officer (VP), SD&A Ops ( R-00057728 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection and Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
We are seeking a Vice President of Global Engineering and Technology to work with the best and brightest around the country in creating innovative Security, Detection & Automation Product Solutions. This role is fully accountable for management and resource allocation of the engineering function within the organization, as highlighted below, to ensure timely delivery and successful execution of full scale physical systems, hardware, products deployed at sites and borders as it relates to securing the worlds safety with travel, aviation, ports and borders, and large scale events. Successful leadership of the Engineering function has direct impact to the delivery of our products.
The Vice President of Global Engineering and Technology would be responsible for the application of engineering principles to business practice. Duties would include, but not be limited to the following:
- Organization and direction of a team of engineering leads, to include data scientists, software/mechanical/electrical/systems/test engineers, to meet design objectives, new product development and improvement of existing designs
- Management of personnel issues, to include staffing, training, and performance management
- Managing allocation of ensuring successful engineering resources with product support and development
- Responsible for full life cycle continuity and application of engineering aspects from product line development through to sustainment and enhancement
- Oversight of design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products/designs/technology
- Planning and development of engineering requirements
- Provide operation wide engineering subject matter expertise to identify, investigate, and resolve highly complex issues affecting product development and performance
- Interface directly with customer(s) and stakeholders in regards to analysis, deliverables, metrics, schedules, progress and solutions
- Effectively lead, guide, track, take proactive measures to mitigate risks and escalate as appropriate in communicating performance
- As the Engineering Lead, take initiative and be effectively proactive with communicating and collaborating as needed with other teams within the organization to meet a common goal
- As needed, serve as a technical resource with occasional hands-on technical assistance in aspects of engineering design proposal requirements
- Capture of contract R&D revenue consistent with the strategic goals of the business
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- MS Degree in Engineering or a similar field, PhD preferred
- A minimum of 15 yrs experience in product line engineering and management, preferably in security detection technologies or automation
- A minimum of 12 yrs in managerial experience, leading teams and projects
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time