Engineering Planner (Documentarian) ( R-00060388 )
The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking a Documentarian to perform a variety of duties in connection with the preparation of high profile business intelligence documents for FAA senior leaders, Lines of Businesses, or other external groups. The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Central Service Area (CSA) with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to FAA customers receiving NISC services. This position is based in Fort Worth, Texas and is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC mission.
The ideal candidate should be able to communicate to a variety of audiences including Air Traffic Operations, Technical Operations, and System Operations. Experience dealing with each of these organizations is necessary and the candidate must be knowledgeable of FAA orders to develop and provides assessments and technical recommendations. The ability to work in a team environment is critical as this will contribute to the overall success of the deliverable.
Primary Responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to:
- Provide documentation support to include historical record of design changes, tracking the status of project activities, project risk, action items, and producing meeting minutes as directed by the project leads to support any airspace and procedures initiative.
- Demonstrate taking a concept and turning it into a product.
- Provide monthly reporting on the projects, meeting notes, participant attendance, as well as providing materials to compile reports and inform stakeholders at quarterly, monthly and weekly meetings.
- Conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data analysis and must be able to develop reports, establish schedules, and conduct studies.
- Clear and concise general and technical writing, prepare and conduct effective technical presentations, provide thorough project monitoring and reporting, and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stakeholders, peers and management levels.
- Actively record important information disseminated in meetings; in-person and virtual, and organize that information and translate it into meeting minutes and reports. Transposing of large amounts of data with accuracy and speed.
- Capable of applying MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management applications and know how to use the Internet as a data gathering and communicating tool.
- Provides organized documentation, and has an awareness of general documentation systems.
- 10 plus years previous FAA Air Traffic Controller experience in an Enroute Facility or level 10 or greater Terminal Facility.
- 5 years FAA Management/Staff experience at an Enroute Facility or level 10 or greater Terminal Facility.
- Must be able to conduct research, evaluations, studies, and develop recommendation to the FAA customer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with the recording of Technical Documentation
- Typically requires a BA degree or additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience dealing with multiple lines of business in the FAA.