VP, Advanced Engineering, Applications Delivery Lead (337810)
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The Advanced Engineering Group is a central function catering to the application integration requirements across all the business lines of Chubb and is responsible for building the nextgen integration solutions using the Open Source Integration & BPM Products. This group has a need for an Application Integrations & Delivery lead that will work closely with all the Business Lines and the strategic implementation partners and Chubb engineering and development centers to build integration solutions by adopting the Chubb.IO technology products stack that includes - Apache Camel, Apache Camunda, Elastic ELK, Docker, Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS), Tanzu, Prometheus and some existing platforms like Open Text App Works BPM and Azure API-M, api management stack. As these platforms are being consolidated across IT areas, a dedicated focus is needed to ensure the highest levels of service to all application areas that utilize them. That accountability will be driven by the head of application integrations and solutions delivery.
This is a senior leadership role and will be accountable for working with business line CIOs very closely to understand their integration requirements and be accountable for estimating, designing and delivering the solutions by adopting the ChubbIO Products/Services within Advanced Engineering Group. This role involves working closely with different stakeholders at all levels both offshore and onsite. In addition, this role will be accountable for planning, directing, and coordinating medium to large scale, moderately complex products adoptions; ensuring that the goals and objectives are accomplished with high quality, within established time frames and budget, and meet customer and/or business needs. Concurrent with delivery goals, the Delivery lead will be responsible for design and implement full-scale world-class Open Source based Integrations and solutions and IT Operations services.
The head of application integrations is expected to drive the continued support of the strategic technological platform adoptions in support of business segments and will be responsible for managing cross-functional projects in adherence with Chubb’s program delivery framework. The incumbent will also be responsible for identifying, recommending, and implementing best practice solutions that optimize full scale service delivery with the goal of delivering expected business continuity. The incumbent is also responsible for optimizing the service delivery function by using the DevOps deployment pipeline for timely availability of the product and services in production and non-production environments.
- Develop flexible, adaptable, modular, and reusable business solution designs in collaboration with product delivery and engineering teams.
- Accountable for end to end products adoptions and integration solutions delivery - Work closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Architects, and Engineers to ensure alignment of program deliverables to the defined solution
- Ensure Quality Deliverables - Enforce best practices, address critical issues timely, and conduct performance testing to deliver efficient and performant applications.
- Building high performing relationships, drive business engagement, manage expectations, align with senior leadership, and working teams on initiative deliverables
- Responsible for identifying technology risk and corresponding mitigation strategies
- Implement appropriate solution architecture governance processes and tools as defined by enterprise architecture while ensuring the solution focuses on design patterns and technology standards.
- Adopt Agile and DevOps practices in collaboration with the business, architecture group, program management, and operations/support/infrastructure teams.
- Explore, evaluate and promote technology innovation within the Chubb enterprise.
- Evaluate, learn and assist teams with open source technology solutions.
- Hands-on engineering/architecture experience
- Prefer prior experience with Chubb.IO Tech Stack: Kafka, Camel, Spring Boot Java, Volante/XSLT 3.0 + Kubernetes/Docker Containers
- ELK Dashboard/UI and Prometheus experience
- Basic Kubernetes Docker, Linux, Azure skills; must have hands-on Camel skills
- Exception and Log Management
- Detailed Analysis of requirements
- Breakdown of reusable components for the framework for each business process step
- Detailed Design flow and documentation of orchestration logic in details
- Mapping needs and documentation
- Design Custom vs Reusable components
- Hands-On research to support development teams (POC, Sample Codes, Best Practices)
- Provide thought leadership on integration solution implementations opportunities across the entire enterprise
- Integration projects scope, high-level design, and definitions timelines, and estimation of the required budget
- Full life cycle ownership of end to integration solutions delivery – design, build, and deployment
- Work closely with Business Lines and Chubb India Delivery Center and Strategic Implementation Partners to establish the relationships to deliver the solutions
- Work Closely with ChubbIO Platform Delivery Lead to align and adopt the ChubbIO products for integration delivery
- Take ownership, lead and execute specific operational programs within Advanced Engineering and Digitization Strategy
- Ensure that a working governance structure is established and that participants are aware of their roles and responsibilities and engaged in performing them
- Ensure Operational benefits on time, to budget, and with the appropriate level of quality
- Ensure that there is an appropriate structure in place for the continuous delivery of core platform capabilities, enterprise-wide business mandates, and controls. Identify, justify and modify roles and responsibilities as necessary to stand up and maintain this structure
- Secure the internal and external resources required to fulfill the plan, develop and ensure the program has relationships with dependent and corresponding system teams. Foster a diverse and collaborative team spirit
- Guide and evaluate the performance of all resources on the program and in support of the platform, liaising closely with resource/line, and third party managers
- Build strong relationships with business, operations and I/T to ensure the program is being directed based on current views, needs, and in line with road mapped strategies. Assure that the platform is meeting the financial, efficient and quality objectives as established by executive leadership in these areas
- Drive continuous process improvement in delivery, quality, and platform management