Engineering Design Drafter ( R-00063297 )
Leidos currently has an opening for a Design/Drafter to work at the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (DEVCOM) in Natick, MA.
- Prepares complete set of complex drawings utilizing AutoCAD or Solidworks that includes multiple views, detail and Assembly drawings, Parts lists and all required documents to complete a Product Level TDP to allow competitive procurement of the items.
- Requires superior skill set utilizing Solid works 2010/2011 as primary software tool.
- Demonstrates knowledge of MIL-DTL-31000 and ANSI Y14-100 for preparation of Product Level drawings meeting all DoD requirements.
- Review components for ease of manufacture, form, fit and function relative to overall assemblies and manufacturing practices.
- Prepares necessary detail drawings, Assembly drawings, Sub-Assembly drawings and Parts Lists as required.
- Prepares ECPs and NORs for required drawing changes incorporates drawing revisions as required.
Requires experience with development of technical data packages, configuration control, and product data management systems such as Windchill and/or ProductCenter.
Superior skill set utilizing Solid works 2010/2011 as primary software tool.
Proficient in AutoCAD
Solid modeling, produce drawings from the models
Must have solid background in producing product level drawings (ANSI Y14.100)
Must have understanding of dimensioning and tolerancing (ANSI Y14.5)
Familiar with Department of Defense (DoD) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) drafting standards and practices.
HS Diploma and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
Strong attention to detail
Preferable the candidate will have experience working with Army drawings and Military commodities
Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
Excellent analytical and technical skills
Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team
Min of 3-5 years design/drafting experience
Excellent communication skills
External referral eligibleExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:$2000Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Engineering DraftingPay Range: