Front End React/JS Engineering Lead (48793)
- Work as part of a cross-functional agile team to launch innovative products for Public Sector clients
- As part of a cross-functional agile team, lead a team of front-end engineers (approx. 5 practitioners) to launch innovative products for Public Sector clients
- Be a hands-on leader, writing code, conducting code reviews, and solving the team's toughest coding challenges
- Build, lead and serve a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Implement high-fidelity wireframes using React.js
- Collaborate with Technical Leads and Front-End Engineers to design and develop software products that transform global mission
- Achieve sprint goals with a team of world-class front-end engineers
- Understand Deloitte's strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as cutting-edge and best in the industry
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Analytics and Cognitive (A&C) offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Secret Clearance for this role (active Secret Clearance preferred)
• Travel up to 10%
• At least 6 years in a front-end engineering role, and at least 2 of those years in an engineering leadership role
• 2+ years building user interfaces that consume RESTful APIs
• 1+ years experience architecting user interfaces on a microservice architectures
- Creativity and innovation - desire to learn and apply new technologies, products, and libraries.
- Strong knowledge of best practices - willingness to review code and provide feedback to other engineers
- Experience implementing wireframes with flexible, well-structured code
- Willingness to collaborate with distributed teams
- Comfortable with code versioning tools such as Git
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.