Engineering Planner - UAS Specialist ( R-00066383 )
The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking a UAS Specialist with an Air Traffic Control background. The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Central Service Center (CSC) Operations Support Group (OSG) Unmanned Aircraft Systems Team. This position is based in Fort Worth, Texas and is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC mission.
The ideal candidate should be able to communicate to a variety of audiences including FAA Headquarters, FAA field offices, Air Traffic Operations, Technical Operations, System Operations and users of the National Airspace System. Experience dealing with each of these organizations is necessary and the candidate must be knowledgeable of FAA orders to develop and provide assessments and technical recommendations. The ability to work in a team environment is critical as this will contribute to the overall success of the deliverable.
Primary Responsibilities for the role include:
- Special Use Airspace (SUA) management, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operations management, Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR), procedural waiver reviews, and document change proposals (DCP).
- Preparing Certificates of Authorization or Waivers for UAS operations.
- Participate in UAS Workshops
- Review and coordinate FAA/Department of Defense (DOD) Military Operations Area (MOA) UAS operations and notifications of UAS activities.
- Provide coordination between UAS proponent and facilities for operational missions as needed for active COA’s.
- Provide support for other tactical functions such as Commercial Space, Emergency Planning and Situation Room.
- Requires a BA degree and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or if no degree, additional related work experience in Air Traffic Control can be substituted.
- 10 plus years previous FAA Air Traffic Controller experience in an Enroute Facility or level 10 or greater Terminal Facility or Pilot.
- Must be able to conduct research, evaluations, studies, and develop recommendation to the FAA customer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.