Project Engineering Lead ( R-00066821 )
The Leidos NISC IV program is recruiting for a Project Engineering Lead to support the Task Order Manager (TOM) and the Federal Aviation Administration that will coordinate planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility. Will establish goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for the successful completion of technical work that is within budget and schedule constraints, provide guidance to subordinates and ensure that such policies and procedures are effectively implemented. Guidance and oversight must also be provided to subcontractors. Further, the position requires frequent interface with FAA customer personnel, other contractor personnel, FAA GTIs, and other FAA customer representatives.
The successful candidate will be a proven, versatile, and results- driven leader that motivates multi- disciplined technical teams. The lead will assist the TOM with coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and personnel development. This position requires strong business acumen with a thorough understanding of the customer mission, the customer organization and customer relations, and the ability to adapt to changing customer needs and requirements. By leading the technical team, the successful candidate will plan and formulate engineering program activities and schedules, review product designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications, evaluate and approve design changes, specification and drawing releases per customer specifications, and coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8+ years of experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge for Project Coordination and Documentation
- Able to lead team meetings, monthly status reports, and participate in national and regional telecoms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, project, acrobat, etc.).
- Able to provide well-written, organized documentation, consistent with acceptable standards of writing.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Finance knowledge is a plus
- Prior FAA experience desired.