Princ Engr-Data Engineering ( 578457-1H )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The newly formed BI Center of Excellence under Verizon Connect will play a pivotal role in helping drive business transformation by creating a single source of truth for business performance and diagnostics to enable faster and frictionless flow of information. We are seeking a talented and motivated leader to accelerate our efforts to drive trust of our data, democratize insights of that data, and ensure the adoption of a data culture at Verizon Connect.
As a Data Architecture Lead, you will serve as Data Champion for strategic critical domains. You will manage data and adherence to Enterprise Data Architecture, Policy and standards for domains under VZC jurisdiction. You will work alongside a team of data scientists, BI professionals, advanced modelers, and business-knowledge experts in building a centralized data repository.
- Identify data sources, integrate multiple sources or types of data.
- Develop & lead data strategy, priorities and goals for SOT.
- Design architecture, solution standards for the SOT data.
- Contribute to Database development, Testing and Production Support.
- Design, develop tables, indexes, views, stored procedures, function, triggers and other DB.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience managing projects.
- Experience in working with databases, reporting tools and ETL software.
- Experience with data platforms & tools: Teradata, Oracle, BigQuery, Snowflake, RedShifto, etc.
- Experience in database query languages, particularly various SQL dialects.
- Experience in data management and data mining techniques.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree. Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Sciences or Engineering.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and critical thinking.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and determine priorities.
- Experience with cloud based applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.