Civil Engineering (CE) Supervisor (34288)
The Civil Engineering Supervisor is responsible for managing storage and maintenance activities for Bear order of Battle (BOB) and Civil Engineering (CE) equipment to include receipt, accountability, storage, inspection, maintenance, issue and reconstitution. Supervise CE workshops and facilities (e.g., power production, electrical, refrigeration, fabrication shops etc.). Direct preparation of stored assets for exercise or actual deployments. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Performs CSC Inspections on Containers as needed.
- Coordinates, Oversees and Monitors periodic inspections and maintenance services on assigned assets in the Bear Base Departments.
- Coordinates, Oversees and Monitors civil engineering and other equipment for exercises or actual deployments in the Bear Base Departments.
- In the absence of the Power Production Supervisor operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs power generation equipment and related power generation duties.
- Performs TDY within the area of operations as required.
- In coordination with the Bear Base Superintendent schedules and coordinates with the Work Control all shop work assignments.
- Responsibility as foreman of maintenance facilities and shops.
- Instructs and trains supervisory personnel in maintenance repair techniques, inspects their work performance, and documents training records. Conducts training on quality assurance, safety, Safety Data Sheets, security awareness and other subjects in accordance with appropriate plans.
- Inspects Hazardous Materials within the assigned work center and coordinates with the appropriate office for the disposal of HAZMAT when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or Site Manager.
- As alternate Bear Base Superintendent, performs all duties of that position during the temporary absence of the incumbent listed below:
- Receives, manages, accounts for stores; inspects, and maintains equipment and assets.
- Stocks and maintains parts, tools and supplies to perform required work on assets, requisitioning additional tools and parts as needed.
- Responds to inquiries concerning storage and status of assigned equipment.
- Plans, develops and implements procedures for all Bear Base technical work.
- Coordinates the erection and construction of Bear Base assets to support real world exercises and contingencies.
- Evaluates employees work performance, resolves personnel related problems and initiates action to correct substandard performance by personnel and determine logistic support.
- Research assets/equipment discrepancies and identifies them to the customer.
- Reviews Standard Basis Supply System (SBSS), supply documents to verify status of parts.
- Reviews C49 to verify status of parts.
- Submits the local purchase supply documents to procure items such as test, and shop equipment, consumables etc.
- Reviews and inventories Organizational Equipment Listings (OEL) and Contract Data Requirement Lists (CDRL) for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have outstanding customer service and organizational skills and be able to understand, speak, read and write English at an advanced level.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret all technical data associated with Civil Engineering and BOB assets and related equipment required.
- Must be able to obtain CSC Certification.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and ability to obtain host nation driver's license.
- Will be required to operate material handling equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Background in mechanical/electrical equipment maintenance required.
- Requires experience in the operations and maintenance of electrical power production equipment and associated equipment.
- 5 years experience with CE equipment and engineering workshop facilities required.
- 5 years experience in an equipment management or CE equipment supervisory position and demonstrated understanding of Bear Base required.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs. and performing extensive work handling/lifting equipment.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Hands-on experience with BOB assets or similar Department of Defense Agencies Contingency Systems preferred.