Part Time Field Engineering Tech ( R-00067745 )
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth.
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design training
- Project management
- Financial management
We are looking for a Field Engineer Technician (Part Time) to provide field inspections throughout the Kansas City area. This person will work remotely, but must be in the Kansas City area.
- Perform light PDF editing of pole location documents
- Understand the use of document management systems, filing, and document scanning
- Travel to both city and rural areas of Kansas City area to locate poles.
- Use of handheld range finder to documentate pole distances and attachments of existing power lines, communication lines and equipment.
- Complete fielding checklist form for each pole and upload for design teams to complete designs.
- Electric hazard identification, electric equipment identification, and communication equipment Identification on poles.
- Track pole assignments within Vector (training provided) and layout your next days work.
- Work schedules are typically 5 days per week (Mon-Fri), 8 hours per day, may occasionally require overtime.
- Comply with all safety regulations and meet safety requirements to maintain a successful safety record
- Ability to travel locally to different job sites
- High level of integrity, honesty, and professionalism if/when talking to residents
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, reach and to move or carry items weighing up to 25 lbs
- Comfortable use of field-based tablets, cameras and hand held range finder.
- Ability to proficiently use or learn how to utilize handheld range finder accurately.
- Knowledge of Google Maps and/or Google Earth.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Excellent communicator who knows how to select the right tone and medium for the message
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions during daylight hours.
- High school diploma and valid driver’s license required
- Ability to manage and track your own time for weekly time keeping purposes.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
WHAT WE DO
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. At Leidos, we seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.