Network Engineering Intern ( 581464-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This internship position – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. You’ll be front and center, hands-on, and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Global Network & Technology Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
As a Network Engineering Intern, you may have the opportunity to:
- Identify projects that need to be created in order to support the network need - new cell, modification, capacity add, new technology, optimization, etc.
- Evaluate candidates for new cell sites.
- Analyze RF models and performance statistics to determine cells that require modification.
- Perform RF antenna/cable designs for new cell site builds as well as existing cell site modifications.
- Complete all regulatory and E911 filings required for compliance in a timely manner.
- Support the activation of the new cell build or existing site modification to ensure the site is performing optimally and meeting the design criteria.
- Identify opportunities to automate our processes and data analysis.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence or related major with an expected completion date between December 2023 and June 2025.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to work in Charlotte, NC.
Even better if you have:
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Windows based computer skills.
- Experience with data mining.
- Project Management Experience.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.