Software Project Engineering Lead ( R-00068290 )
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has a potential opening for an experienced and motivated Chief Software Project Engineering Lead to work in our LexingtonBoston, MA offices / the Medusa Innovation Lab (MIL) in Burlington, MA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and skill supporting the Air Force Life Cycle and Management Center Force Protection Division (AFLCMC/HBU) team on the Medusa Counter Small Unmanned Aerial System Program. This position will support growth in the Defense Force Protection Market with overall emphasis on Base Defense and Counter-UAS (C-UAS); providing a wide range of engineering support to enhance both Base Defense and C-sUAS operational capabilities in CONUS and OCONUS locations. As a leader, you will architect, design, build, and enhance highly available and scalable systems used by customers worldwide. You will direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Lead a team of software developers who enable a broad range of engineering efforts supporting the continued evolution of C-UAS systems
- Work as a part of a Government / Contractor product team designing, developing, and maintaining software applications
- Direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints including the addition of new subsystem, both sensors and effectors
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12 years of software engineering experience or a Masters with 10 years of relevant experience
- Must have strong experience in Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application
- Experience serving as a technical lead
- Deep understanding of software design patterns
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.)
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience developing C4ISR systems for DoD and/or FMS customers
- Knowledge of Agile Development tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, JMeter
- Experience developing and delivering modern software, including micro-services, containers, and server-less architectures
- Active DoD security clearance.