Mechanical Engineering Intern ( R-00072195 )
Leidos’ Quick Reaction Capability Airborne Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems Division is seeking talented engineering students or recent graduates for an internship with our Engineering Team in Bridgewater, VA for the Spring Semester with potential for continued employment. Selected candidates will assist with the design, documentation, manufacturing oversight, installation, and testing of mechanical systems that support sensor integration for multiple fixed wing aircraft programs. The position will provide selected candidates with a valuable opportunity to work with a skilled team of engineers and scientists in cutting edge aviation and engineering fields within the defense industry. Position will be flexible on hour requirements with potential for part time and hybrid work environments depending on needs.
- Support design by surveying aircraft or manufactured items, creating CAD models and drawings, and reviewing drawings.
- Support manufacturing by writing work instructions, communicating with the shop floor, and assisting with change documentation.
- Support project management by assisting with the development of Engineering Data Lists and providing project statuses.
- Support engineering tests by writing test plans and test reports and by participating in or conducting tests.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in a technical degree program from an accredited university/college and have completed at least one year of college level course work with a 3.0 minimum GPA before the start of the internship.
- Candidate must be proficient with MS Office products and SolidWorks (proficiency with alternative CAD platforms will be considered).
- Candidate must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Security Clearance, which requires US citizenship.
- Candidate must provide their own living arrangements and transportation.
- Hands-on experience with manufacturing techniques (machining, welding, assembly/installation, etc.)
- Experience creating and reviewing drawings and/or manufacturing from engineering drawings