Systems Engineering & Integration Lead ( R-00073125-OTHLOC-PL-2D0120 )
The Health Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) Lead to provide support on Leidos Health pursuits.
The SE&I Lead oversees the full systems engineering effort for IHS modernization, covering the full life cycle for systems engineering. The SE&I Lead will address all phases of its existence to include system conception, design and development, production, go-live, operation, maintenance and support, retirement, phase-out, and disposal.
- Design, document, integrate, implement, and deliver a suite of software and systems for an integrated EHR solution
- Lead design sessions, technical reviews and oversee the implementation of new hardware and software
- Perform systems modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Develop, configure, and implement solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues across multiple functions
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes, key performance indicators, and measures of effectiveness
- Lead design, development, and implementation to integrate new solutions within the existing or newly defined architecture
- engineering documentation on new and/or existing systems, which may include a Systems Engineering Management Plan, System Design Document, and System Specification Document
- Provide technical consultation, training, and mentoring to junior engineers
- Create and present detailed design documents to internal and external customers
- Facilitate solid lines of communication and coordination with the customer and technical teams throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Work with software vendors and implementation partners to design and deliver innovative solutions
- Diagnose and solve problems
- Provide Engineering leadership support to Tier 3 End-User Support for troubleshoot during product implementation and sustainment activities.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows, Red Hat server technologies including experience with traditional software delivery and application installation processes and configurations.
- Works directly with all teams for implementation and configurations of both client and server applications.
- Provides IT system support guidance and collaboration for all administration and maintenance for all Development, Integration, Sustainment and Testing environments.
- Provides System Engineering Analysis for the review of system design specification and installation documents.
- Integrate with Product teams during SDLC to ensure best practices are planned and maintained to support the full set of tasks and schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology with 15-20 years of experience and/or Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 10-15 years of experience
- Leading and directing a team of Systems Engineers
- Knowledge and experience with architecture and complex system engineering documentation: Systems Engineering Management Plan, Systems Specifications, Systems Design Documents, Requirements Traceability Matrices
- Knowledge and experience with Cloud based architecture and complex hosted system
- Knowledge and experience with various SDLC methodologies to include Agile, Scrum, etc. documentation
- Knowledge and experience with detailed practices for IT activities such as IT service management, ITIL
- Knowledge and experience with design and implementation and sustainment of large-scale federal contracts
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Experience leading a team of Systems Engineers
- Experience with healthcare solutions
- Experience with Digital Engineering or Model Based Systems Engineering