Manager - IAM Systems Architecture
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The VCG Digital organization is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, Technical Manager of Systems Architecture IAM DevSecOps to manage a multi-function customer identity and fraud prevention DevSecOps development team composed of US employees and contractors as well as working with a development team in India.
This position will partner with Verizon GTS Security, Fraud and Development Operations organizations, Infrastructure TechOps and DBA organizations, as well as Identity and fraud application development teams centralizing all application DevSecOps functions including the secure CI/CD pipeline, adherence to Verizon security practices, level 2 application production operations support for call center and customer complaints and escalations, application development outage bridge support, application fraud operations, and identity and fraud measurements, alerts and dashboards supporting operations, business and executive reporting, KPIs and OKRs. The position will be responsible for all Verizon channels Digital, Assisted, Retail to define standard practices and procedures and lead identity and fraud application development team providing standard 24x7 supporting Digital web, mobile web, mobile app, TV and Vendors, Retail Direct and Indirect and Assisted Care, IVR, Chat channels ensuring security compliance with software, infrastructure and third-party libraries, and implementing standard dashboards in Grafana and Kibana using Splunk and ElasticSearch.
- Managing U.S. application development team comprised of employees and contractors, adhering to organization budgets including defining and creating Statement of Works with various vendors ensuring vendor provides talent matching skill requirements and holding Vendors accountable for their resources deliverables.
- Partnering with Identity and Fraud application development teams ensuring compliance with Verizon security standards including SAST Fortify code scans, OSS BlackDuck open source scans, RASP realtime protection, Infrastructure IP, Port and Tenable agent scans, and other application security compliance.
- Partnering with Identity and Fraud application development teams leading standardization of application logs using Splunk and ElasticSearch including helping to define standards and track implementation across application teams.
- Partnering with Digital Operations organization and GTS application teams to define and implement identity and fraud monitoring and alerting solutions including standard application and executive dashboards using Kibana and Grafana adhering to Verizon GTS NorthStar standards.
- Leading team in providing 24x7 application development operations support partnering with Digital Operations and other Application development teams supporting Customer and Agent reported issues via AYS ticket workstream, JIRA customer defect dashboards, single user issue emails, and production operation command bridges.
- Leading ForgeRock AM / IG onboarding / configuration; onboarding new Oauth clients to IAM platform and configuring new policy URL routes.
- Partnering with Digital Business and Operations, Security, Risk and Fraud organizations on identity and fraud detection operations, aligning with organizations of current vectors of attempted account takeovers, BOT and other suspected traffic, deploy new rule engines and machine learning models, and work with GTS application development teams to enhance solutions protecting Verizon customers.
- Aligning with Business, Security and Fraud organizations on rules, KPIs and executive reporting.
- Providing senior leadership executive reporting on program status and results.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in supervisory and/or management roles.
- Experience in participating and developing strategic plans to realize business objectives.
- Experience in application development logging and operations support, triaging customer complaints, system and APIerrors using Oracle, Splunk and ElasticSearch.
- Experience in application development using Java, Scala, python kafka, akka technologies.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- BS in computer science or a related field.
- Knowledge of secure coding with OWASP coding practices, Fortify and Blackduck or equivalent security scanning software.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark and experience driving big data migration on GCP environment.
- Experience in RDBMS databases including Redis and MongoDB.
- Experience in working with ecosystems like Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Spark and Ooze.
- Experience in designing and implementing the best architecture for GCP, BigData, Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Experience in extracting data from multiple sources and loading into Cloud, Data lake and Data marts using GCP, Bigdata.
- Experience in Big Data technologies like HDFS, NIFI, PIG, Spark SQL, Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Spark and Ooze and data pipelining techniques for moving and analyzing Terabytes of data in minutes.
- Good proficiency in all data warehousing concepts, ETL concepts , ETL loading strategy, Data archiving, Data reconciliation, Error handling, Error logging mechanism.
- Experience in articulating the business drives and architectural approaches to deliver best in class dashboards using grafana and nifi tools.
- Knowledge of AWS Kubernetes, Docker images, and EKS.
- Experience in Distributed Data platforms such as HDFS and Elasticsearch.
- Experience in reporting systems like Grafana, Splunk UI, Kibana.
- Experience in NOSQL Databases like Elasticsearch, Splunk, MongoDB, Cassandra, Graphite, InfluxDB.
- Experience in CI/CD process - GIT (Bitbucket), Jenkins, Jira, Confluence.
- Google drive suite services (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Ability to lead work efforts with offshore and onshore resources with xCIO organizations.
- Good leadership skills and the ability to work and interact with multiple levels of management.
- Ability to work independently but with ability to communicate status and achieve results with minimal direction and translate large complex requirements to understandable deliverables and project plans.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better" qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.