Manager, Capital Projects (99541)
Military Services Group (MSG) works with the United States Military to treat and supply water and to collect and treat wastewater for military installations all over the country as part of the federal government’s Utility Privatization Program. In September 2015, we were awarded a 50-year contract to own, operate, renew, and replace the water and wastewater systems serving Vandenberg Air Force Base in California. Join our team by applying now!
Function as the Corporate liaison with the individual Business Units to coordinate activities related to the company's capital investment program. Provide overall guidance and support, and assure that all deliverables are submitted timely, accurately, and in accordance with all company policies and practices.Key Accountabilities
- Manage multiple projects and perform varied engineering assignments associated with capital planning, design, and construction
- Efficient management of sub-contractors including negotiations of sub-contract agreements; delivery of projects on time and within pre-established budgets
- Supervise field and contract personnel to ensure timely completion of assignments, within budget and adherence to standards
- Assist in the preparation of technical, bidding, and contractual documents associated with delivery of capital investment projects
- Establish project budget and cost. Monitor and manage budgets and schedules for medium to small Capital Investment Projects and programs of moderate scope and complexity
- Provide technical expertise on engineering and operational issues
- Adhere to Engineering Standards, specifications and, equipment manufacturer recommendations to support MSG initiatives
- Understanding of construction procurement processes and construction management principles.
- Understanding of construction project scheduling, sequencing, and execution.
- Understanding of construction standards, materials, equipment, and installation procedures.
- Strong construction management skills.
- Strong construction procurement skills.
- Strong design skills.
- Ability to manage and influence subcontractors and consultants.
- Ability to identify the risks and rewards of capital projects.
- Develop capital program strategy and lead capital pricing.
- Ability to work on multiple contracts simultaneously.
- Strong team player with good relationship and networking skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of Auto CAD/GIS.
- Highly motivated, flexible and enthusiastic attitude.
- Over Five (5) years’ experience managing and implementing Capital Improvement Programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. Commensurate experience may be considered.
- Professional Engineer License (PE) desired and/or Construction Management certifications preferred.
- 80% office environment
- 20% field environment
- Champions safety
- Customer obsessed
- Cultivates innovation
- Nimble learning
- Drives Results
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.