Administrative Assistant, Construction Projects - Military Services Group (101503)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
In September of 2019, American Water was awarded a 50-year contract to privatize the water and wastewater utilities of U.S. Army Garrison West Point, New York. Our responsibilities include system capital investment, regulatory and environmental compliance, planning, asset recapitalization, and long term operations and maintenance.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE:AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 6,500 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an estimated 14 million people in 25 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
.Responsible for performing administrative support for Project procurement, contract compliance and operations management functions. Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship with supervisor and Project staff in carrying out day-to-day activities. Works fairly independently, receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.Key Accountabilities
- In accordance with MSG’s Procurement Policy and Plan, identifies vendors, working with them to secure company profile information and other documents required to establish the companies in American Water’s Procurement and AP systems. Serves as a liaison with MSG Contracts Administration Department. Responsible for maintaining the on-site procurement records.
- Coordinates routine activities and communications with DPW, Government Contractors and others as requested.
- Responsible for completing receiving reports for supplies/services, comparing against purchase orders. Reviews invoices for accuracy against purchase orders and receiving reports. Resolves discrepancies.
- Tracks inventory and prepares financial, statistical, narrative and/or reports as requested.
- Assists Utility Manager in maintaining documentation of compliance with specified Prime Contract obligations.
- Assists Utility Manager in maintaining up-to-date Operating Plans that are required by Prime Contract and/or AW policy.
- Reads publications, regulations, and directives and takes action or refers those that are important in complying with AW Procurement Policy and Plan.
- As necessary, performs or assists in performing basic office administration duties such as answering the phones, filing, preparing reports, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite products, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to work independently; strong administrative and computer skills; strong interpersonal skills (tact/diplomacy, cooperation, negotiation); high level of initiative, judgment and discretion; discretion with confidential information.
- Proper use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- General knowledge of procurement policies and practices.
- Broad knowledge of company operations and policies and procedures.
- .Any combination equivalent to: graduation from HS or GED, and five (5) plus years of administrative experience in a procurement function, three (3) of which must have included organization, coordination, and performance of duties at a responsible level.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because they are an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.