Engineering Drafting and Documentation Coordinator ( R-00056471 )
Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is seeking to hire an Engineering Drafting and Documentation Coordinator to join our project team supporting the Naval Information Warfare Center in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will join a growing, fast-paced research, development, testing and evaluation team responsible for the manufacture and testing of various electro-mechanical devices used for both subsea and surface applications. Work will involve both prototype and production systems.
This position will require the candidate to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance. A currently held Secret or Top Secret clearance is a significant plus.
Works closely with the Engineering Team, Manufacturing Team, and Configuration Management to produce complete and traceable engineering documentation packages
- Create, edit and update engineering documentation and designs
- Participate in Engineering and Manufacturing workflows to ensure documentation is concurrently produced and cataloged
- Track engineering documentation progress from inception to delivery
- Work with Configuration Management to ensure appropriate control and management of produced documentation
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASME 14.100-2004 or an equivalent Engineering Drawing Practices standard.
- Demonstrated familiarity with ASME Y14.5M Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Familiar with Department of Defense (DoD) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) drafting standards and practices.
- Experience producing designs and drawings with Altium Designer (1-2 yrs)
- Experience producing design and drawings with SOLIDWorks and SOLIDWorks PDM (1-2 yrs)
- Experience with Electrical and Mechanical Manufacturing Processes
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools including Visio
- Experience with document management automation tools
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tools and practices
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience or Technical training in electrical/mechanical drafting and drawing development, demonstrated industry experience and proficiency in Electrical/Mechanical design documentation development; BS/MS in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Mechanical Engineering (ME) and experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Marine / Shipboard experience
- Ability to work aboard small boats (i.e. not susceptible to motion sickness)
- Willing to travel for short periods of time to support project requirements