Electrical Engineer - Hybrid
WE ARE GROWING! Looking to add an additional Electrical Engineer to the team!
Would you like to be a part of an Aerospace organization that manufactures parts for the Commercial Aircraft, Military Life Support and Aerial Refueling products? Eaton’s Mission Systems division is currently seeking a Electrical Engineer - Hybrid. This position is located in the growing Quad Cities, specifically in Davenport, IA. Eaton's Mission Systems is the Top 20 major employers in the area.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $62250.03 - $91300.04 a year. Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
The Davenport facility has 750+ (340+ bargaining unit and 400+ salaried employees) and is leader in in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of aerospace mission systems components, systems and services to the US defense and commercial global aftermarket and OEM markets. World Leader in Air to Air Refueling technology
What you’ll do:
This position is responsible for design and certification of electrical components (e.g. controllers) part of Life Support Systems within the Aerospace group. The individual will be supporting electrical/electronic activities for new product development including, analyzing requirements and assessing compliance, defining interfaces, reviewing component spec and de-rating, designing PCB/PWB, writing test and qualification plans, managing product design full life cycle management with support from senior engineers. Additionally the individual will be responsible for supporting operation and field service teams with analysis and troubleshooting of legacy products.
• Support small to medium integrated product development teams and projects through full life cycle management.
• Design and analyze complex electrical & electromechanical assemblies for our oxygen and nitrogen product lines.
• Design and test mixed signal PCB’s (Analog and Digital)
• Develop test protocols and write test reports
• Support EMI/EMC design and various electrical testing
• Capable of interpreting specifications and drawings
• Participating in house as well as off-site qualification test programs
• Work closely with suppliers on component and sub-system development
• Interface with customers as part of development-team programs
• Provide innovative ideas for improvements to existing products
• Participate in ideation for new products and technologies
• Provide technical expertise to support Manufacturing, Field Support Engineers, and customers
• Evaluate suitability of current products for new applications; work with team to develop bids and proposals for new, modified or upgraded products
• Must maintain an attitude supportive of continuous improvement, teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity.
• Other duties assigned by resource manager
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
• Actively pursing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution at the time of hire OR having received a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution. Any offer of hire from a non-Engineering degreed candidate will be contingent on receipt of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering within three months from the offer date.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 70 miles of the Davenport, IA facility will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering degree from an BET accredited program.
• Experience with SPICE, OrCad or other electrical design software.
• Experience in writing test plans, procedures, and reports
• Previous failure analysis and a prediction techniques a plus.
• Experience with analysis, problem solving, and conducting root-cause/corrective action analyses.
• Experience writing technical reports.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products like Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.