Eaton’s ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy division is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Greenwood, SC. We are able to offer relocation assistance for candidates residing within the United States.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $62,250 - $91,300 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
The Customer Order Engineer provides professional engineering services with minimal direction to interpret customer drawings and specifications for manufacturing or related product. You will interact with sales force and customers on job specific details such as on board approvals and witness tests, as well as design circuits to meet application requirements. The COE creates engineering documentation for drafting, procurement, and manufacturing. This role is responsible for providing coordination for technical guidance to production personnel as appropriate; support product marketing, and provide negotiation and application support for field sales.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain current knowledge/expertise of product engineering technologies, competitor capabilities, practices, market conditions, and channels.
- Provide engineering functions in support of product marketing, manufacturing, and sales in line with company and product line objectives.
- Serve as primary division contact for customers as technical liaison in all aspects of product application, performance, and compliance to specifications and solutions to complex customer problems
- Review and analyze product configurations and components, design circuits, perform engineering calculations, and provide input to other departments including drafting, purchasing, and manufacturing personnel.
- Participate in company activities such as product design, market and product improvements, productivity, quality and safety improvements.
- Participate in customer project review/drawing approval meetings.
- Perform other related activities and special projects as assigned.
- Support other members of the team as needed.
- Participate and lead in customer inspections and witness tests.
- Provide project management of orders to meet OTP objectives, reduce cycle times, manage changes to order requirements and assist with product warranty.
- All employees are expected to comply with the environment, health, and safety guidelines.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and within the future.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering OR Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to customers and manufacturing.
- Experience with PLC or relay programming.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.