Eaton’s AER Aerospace Group division is currently seeking a Electrical Engineer. This role is based out of our Grand Rapids, MI facility.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $65250.0 - $95700.0 a year. Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
This position reports to the Electrical Engineering Manager within the SwEC COE and is a wonderful opportunity for a recent graduation. This candidate will assist in electronic controls and architecture design activities during the development of systems and sub-systems, manage requirements and compliance, develop electronic architectures, develop designs, perform system modeling & analysis, lead internal design reviews and supplier reviews, provide testing and verification oversight for electronic system and motor control products at the Grand Rapids facility within the SwEC COE division of Eaton’s industrial group.
- Assist in developing and managing requirement specifications for controller level, board level, and components level, and associated verification specifications.
- Perform electronic development tasks like system architecture design / analysis and circuit design / analysis to ensure compliance of all functional, performance, and environmental requirements.
- Model and analyze electronic circuits and architectures using tools such as PSpice, Matlab/Simulink.
- Research, recommend, innovate, architect, and evaluate new electronic technology and designs.
- Manage assigned tasks to schedule and budget.
- Work with mechanical, electrical, software, firmware, test, motor, and specialty engineers to develop products.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Must be U.S. person within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Grand Rapids, MI facility will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Internship and / or Co-Op experience
- Electronic Architecture Development
- Motion control system engineering and modeling techniques.
- Requirements development for systems and sub-systems
- Power electronics design for motor drives.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.