Electrical Maintenance Engineer (30898)
Nuclear Waste Partnership, an LLC of Amentum, is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Electrical Maintenance Engineer for immediate employment in Carlsbad, New Mexico. This is a great opportunity for an emerging entry to senior level engineer who is ambitious and looking for a unique growth opportunity!
The successful candidate will provide direct technical support to Zone Maintenance Manager for the safe performance of Mechanical maintenance activities. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: providing direct technical support to the Zone Maintenance Manager and mechanical craft, provide support for the development of written instructions, procedures and Field Work, coordinate with other work groups including QA, Waste Handling, Operations, Engineering and Safety. The candidate will ensure mechanical activities conform to all applicable DOE, MSHA, OSHA, NFPA, New Mexico Mining Code requirements and Site Procedures. Perform routine inspections of field equipment and provide craft oversight to correct any identified deficiencies. Must be able to pass a Pulmonary Function Test and qualify wearing and working in a respirator. Must be willing to work in Contaminated areas. This position will also support the Remote Handling Program startup at the WIPP Site Surface, Underground and Carsbad Facilities.
NWP Exempt Salary Grade (28-31)
- Bachelor’s Degree, or
- Associate’s Degree with four (4) years of related experience, or
- High School Diploma or GED with eight (8) years of related experience is required.
- Three (3) years of nuclear experience is required. (Fulltime related academic training may be substituted for two (2) of the three (3) years of Nuclear experience. Experience in Design, Construction, and Operations Training may be considered applicable Nuclear experience on a case-by-case basis.)
- The successful candidate will have strengths in low and high voltage controls up to 13,800 volt distribution systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications and work control processes.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
- Preference given to those candidates with underground experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer appliations and work control processes is preferred.
- Previous WIPP Project experience is a plus.