Amentum is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Operations & Maintenance team.
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Design products or systems in support of facilities' infrastructure, research, or maintenance requirements.
- Coordinate, troubleshoot, and approve installation activities as inspection services to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and specifications.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or related scientific field and at least 10 to 12 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Good communication and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings, and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Familiarity with facilities equipment descriptors such as HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.
- Experience working in purchasing or subcontracting in a manufacturing, maintenance, or a related service field.
- Experience with CMMS.
- Experience overseeing storeroom operations.
- Experience streamlining and improving inventory practices.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends.