Lead Mechanical Engineer - Hybrid
Would you like to be a part of an Aerospace organization that manufactures parts for the Commercial Aircraft, Military Life Support and Aerial Refueling products? Eaton’s Mission System division is currently seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer - Hybrid. This position is located in the growing Quad Cities, specifically in Davenport, IA. Eaton's Mission Systems is the Top 20 major employers in the area.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $88499.97 - $129799.96 a year. Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
• Provide technical design, analysis, and guidance for new product development and product improvements.
• Make decisions on behalf of Mechanical Engineering for system and component design and responsibilities for guiding and directing applicable IPT technical decisions and accomplishments of objectives.
• Lead and participate in efforts to solve problems with product design, inspection, manufacturing, and test encountered by vendors, operations, and customers.
• Plan, organize, control, and lead multiple simultaneous projects. Establish and oversee accomplishment of multiple project objectives.
• Serve as primary technical contact for multiple teams and liaison between Mechanical Engineering and internal and external customers.
• Support targets and milestones for project budgets and schedules. Participate in resolving program change of scope issues with Engineering Lead and Program Management.
• Creates and/or guides the creation of technical documents, including Engineering drawings (following ASME Y14.5, ASME Y14.34 standards), test procedures, test reports, and design review material. Present product design and substantiating data and analysis, design findings, and recommendations to customers and management.
• Ensure standardization of products and adherence to engineering processes across multiple projects. Supports continuous improvement by offering input to standard processes and procedures.
• Leads and participates in cross-functional Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations. Provide engineering input and technical expertise and sound engineering judgement for failure investigation and for customer-returned hardware.
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 70 miles of the Davenport, IA facility will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
• Master’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
• Minimum of 7 years of engineering experience.
• Practical experience with all phases of New Product Development Life Cycle Management
• Experience in the precision machining and/or molding in the aerospace industry with a thorough understanding of compressor design/functionality to include experience with calculating critical characteristics related to compressor performance.
• Working knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and software programs used in their assessment (ANSYS).
• Thorough understanding of aerospace manufacturing processes, tolerances, and materials/mechanics of materials. Working knowledge of machining, turning, grinding, heat treat operations, etc. and how these processes affect product design.
• Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Design for Manufacturability (dfM), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), and RCCA principles.
• Emerging expert in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
• Excellent understanding of ASME Y14 standards.
• Excellent understanding of PLM software and change management
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.