Mechanical Engineer (27106)
Nuclear Waste Partnership, an LLC of Amentum, is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Mechanical Engineer for immediate employment in the Carlsbad, NM office. Great opportunity for an emerging mid to senior engineer who is ambitious and looking for a unique growth opportunity!
The successful candidate will qualify as Cognizant System Engineer for WIPP systems as assigned by the Ventilation Engineering Manager. Provide real-time support to plant modifications to ensure accuracy to design drawings and other Technical Baseline documents. Become the technical expert in their respective structures, systems, and components, and develop Engineering Change Notices. Become the system expert and maintain system specifications, configuration management, and design documents to ensure compliance with WIPP Documented Safety Analysis and site procedures as appropriate. Candidate will be required to complete training for unescorted and underground access. Must be able to complete Cognizant System Engineer qualification in a timely manner upon assigned system responsibilities. This position requires the ability to perform field work in varied conditions, including indoors and outdoors, surface and underground. Some travel will be required to support Factory Acceptance Tests and design support for on-going projects.
NWP Exempt Salary Grade (30-33)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, with 2 years of relevant experience is required.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, is preferred.
- Five (5) years engineering experience is desired.
- Previous experience working at DOE nuclear facility is a plus.
- Knowledge of: StudioLOGIX 5000, ASME AG-1, ASME N-511, ISA 84, and AMCA 210 preferred.
- Previous WIPP Project experience is a plus.