Senior Mechanical Engineer (25138)
Amentum is seeking a senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Odon, IN.
As a senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be the lead on complex engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, analysis, development, design, integration, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of sensors and weapons systems critical to the US Navy. You will be a key member of the team coordinating the efforts of scientists, engineers, and technicians in the performance of assigned projects.
Work independently and/or lead teams to complete investigations and tests of considerable complexity involving airborne, shipboard or ground based systems. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of electronic equipment and systems and are generally recognized as an expert in significant engineering task areas.
- Perform and lead a range of design development, analysis, or review tasks independently providing oversight of contributing engineers.
- Responsible for complete designs, analyses, or design reviews independently or as the team leader.
- Generate complete design specifications for complex projects.
- Will lead engineering teams and act as a mentor to engineering team members.
- Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Lead or participate in site visits (including shipboard) to conduct experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
- Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies.
- Support development of technical proposals providing comments on technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Knowledge and experience working with US Navy sensors and weapons systems programs is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related scientific field and at least 10 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of computer systems, CAD software, hardware design and prototyping.
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
- Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- An active Secret clearance