Mechanical Engineer (25048)
Amentum is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support our program in Alice Springs, Australia. The successful candidate will be responsible to independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications. This position will perform diverse engineering assignments requiring general familiarity with a broad field of engineering and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines.
- Develop/design solutions for a variety of technical problems of moderate to extreme scope and complexity across the mechanical engineering discipline
- Excellent communication and leadership skills as interface with both internal and external clients is required
- Focus of position is on the peer review of department drawings developed by other firms; the response must be technically and grammatically accurate to ensure the professional quality of the response
- Role is inclusive of HVAC/ hydronic and data center design, and will be supporting a number of different project types on DoD facility
- An understanding of typical codes such as UMC, IMC, and UFC; familiarity with Design Build delivery / other alternate delivery methods and DoD facilities with housing, dining facilities
At Amentum we can connect you with great opportunities all over the world. We have 34,000 professionals located in 50 states and 105 countries and together we are supporting mission critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and the environment.
We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive deployment assistance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess or be able to obtain a TS/SCI and poly or an Australian citizen and possess or be able to obtain a TSPV clearance
- 3-5 years of direct experience
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Familiarity with UMC, IMC, ASHRAE 90.1, UFC
- Related experience (i.e. design of HVAC and Hydronic systems, data center cooling systems, Building Management Systems-BMS)
- Proficient in the use of computers for making engineering calculations, spreadsheets, and report writing
- PE preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with REVIT 2014 and AutoCAD 2014 desirable