Professional Mechanical Engineer Lead (33375)
Amentum is currently searching for a Professional Mechanical Engineer Lead to work primarily in our Annapolis Junction, MD office.
You’re the type of leader that is willing to listen and collaborate with your team. You think outside of the box, coming up with new ideas to fulfill our government customer’s building facility requirements. With your HVAC (Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) design experience, you’ll be a go-to solution-oriented resource for our Amentum Design Team and a mechanical engineering subject matter expert for our clients.
- Ensuring engineering documents comply with applicable state laws/regulations, including affixing registered engineer seal when required.
- Conducts the design of a technically sound building facility with a high degree of reliability.
- Coordinate the discipline's engineering with that of other disciplines.
- Oversee and manage project scope of work, schedule, and budget.
- Assists with the establishment and implementation of project manpower needs and coordinates technical activities among disciplines.
- Lead the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor the effect of these on the budget.
- Assist in training and mentoring/coaching other team members.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or other appropriate discipline or science
- At least 8 years of mechanical engineering experience
- HVAC (Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) design experience
- Professional Engineering (PE) license or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance at a later stage during employment
- Active security clearance