Network Engineer - Engineering and Operations ( 599144-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will function as Tenant Ops support for the One Talk service platforms and services. The Tenant Ops Engineer/MTS IV Specialist will have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor with implementing and supporting both virtualized and physical systems and migration of subscribers to that virtualized solution where necessary. You will be working with a dynamic team on high visible projects and should have the following skillset:
- This position will require on call rotation.
- Willingness to work nights fiftyt percent depending on the needs of the business.
- Perform expert level troubleshooting and debugging of both network and application system issues.
- Implement detailed project plans and provide input to weekly status calls with teams across several organizations.
- Implement tenant operations MOPs for patches and new releases with focus on reduction of mean time to repair.
- Run reports for daily KPI measurements and help engineering address capacity and demand growth on the systems.
- Oversee the reporting of service KPI and analytics for the physical and virtual components.
- Call flow debugging expertise utilizing IrisView, Wireshark and NetScout applications is required.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or Electronics.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment while multitasking.
- Experience working in a twenty four seven Network Operations Center including working in a shift work environment.
- Knowledge of OpenStack architecture and networking with special attention on automation using heat scripts and Ansible.
- Experience at an operational level.
- Skills with Linux, OpenStack.
- Skills with Application Deployment and debugging techniques for the application and systems.
- Communication skills where you will interface with multiple teams supporting a live production network where response and resolution time are critical to ensure reliability.
- Knowledge of IrisView.
- Knowledge ofNetScout.
- Wireshark knowledge.
- Knowledge of tcpdump.
- Knowledge of ping and netstat.
- Knowledge of 4G call flow.
- Ability to explain fundamental building blocks of IMS.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).