Senior Engineer Specialist - Network Engineering
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The primary goal of this position is provide an intermediate level opportunity to be a network engineer in the support of the Managed Services Infrastructure. Responsibilities include a wide range of activities including the implementation and operational support for the routing and switching platforms supporting Verizon Managed Services applications and tools. You will be expected to own and drive resolution of highly complex user and application issues both during normal business hours and off-hour escalations or maintenance activities. This position will also participate in project related activities to include requirements gathering, solution analysis and supporting principal level engineers.
You will collaborate with various internal teams across Verizon. Activities including but not limited to Change, Incident, Problem and Risk Management.
What you will be working on:
Cisco router and switch configuration, implementation and troubleshooting.
Project management of new equipment deployments and product solutions.
New technology assessments and integration.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor degree or four or more years of experience.
- Three or more years of relevant experience.
- Three or more years of experience with Cisco networking and switching platforms.
- DoD Top Secret Clearance.
- IAT grouping of certifications per the DOD 8570 document.
- GSA Public Trust Clearance.
- 5 Load Balancer experience.
- Intermediate level knowledge of WAN and LAN technologies.
- Intermediate level understanding of configuration for routing protocols, VPN and switching.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and other networking protocols.
- Flexibility - with work hours, as position may be required to work an off-shift or on-call.
- Bachelor's degree in Network Engineering.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Experience with firewalls and security policies is a plus.
- Experience with AWS cloud networks.
- Entry level experience and understanding of Linux and/or Windows.
- Perl/shell scripting skills. Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Visio experience.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.